In the world we live in now may time we hear the word free and automatically start thinking about if it really is free. On December 4, 2003 President Bush signed The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 or also known as the FACT Act. This act protected consumer by obligating any consumer data furnisher to disclosed any information it reports to companies on a consumer by providing the consumer a report of their file once every 12 months. Most people automatically think of the three big credit reporting agencies when considering to request a report. The reality is there are over 100 data furnishers throughout the U.S. from the common credit history or employment history to more specific data such as your habits of returning items to retail stores. You heard right there is a company who tracks and reports your history of returning items to retail stores, who might think as I first did which is there is a business out there for everything in 2016.
Since the most common consumer request for reports lie with the three big credit reporting agencies below you will find the ways to really get a free $0 money spent report or a reduce price if you don’t qualify for the free option:
- You are eligible under the FACT Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act entitles each consumer to one free disclosure every 12 months.
- Within the last 60 days, you have received an adverse action notice based on information from your TransUnion credit report, such as:
- Denial of credit
- Denial of insurance
- Denial of employment
- Denial of, or other unfavorable action affecting a government license or benefit
- Denial of, or other unfavorable action on another transaction or account
- You are experiencing one of the circumstances below:
- You are unemployed and plan to seek employment within 60 days
- You received public welfare assistance
- You have reason to believe your TransUnion credit file is inaccurate due to fraud
For more information or questions about this topic or to get started on having great credit contact Houston Credit Coach (281) 888-8457 or firstname.lastname@example.org where are slogan says it all “Saving money, is how we help.”